.Watch the NEW V3 Video by Walkabout TV.
All shooting chronographs currently marketed to the general public use optical sensors. The MagnetoSpeed uses electromagnetic sensors (patent pending) to detect the presence of the bullet. These sensors are immune to muzzle blast, which allows the sensors to be located near the muzzle. As an added benefit, these sensors are immune to common light problems such as fluorescent lights, low sun, bright sun, etc.
Our unique method determines velocity by sensing the difference in time between a slight disturbance in two magnetic fields as the bullet passes by. This is somewhat similar to the way that an electric guitar senses the vibration of its strings to produce amplified tones.
The V3 MagnetoSpeed now has:
- A three-button menu system (replaces old toggle switch)
- Battery options are; (1) 9-Volt or (2) CR123s (replaces 4 AAA batteries)
- Easy access battery compartment, no need for screwdriver to swap batteries
- Improved shooting modes, with the ability to now operate with air guns
- Downloadable firmware updates
- Advanced data logging and troubleshooting capabilities
- More compact and rugged display housing
- Rapid-fire mode with rate-of-fire
- Ruggedised strapping system; with metal buckle and triad thumb nut
- Same proven MagnetoSpeed technology, but with updated sensor design
- Sleek new profile and colour scheme
- New strap bracket to allow for future alternative attachment options
- Added dual/redundant data connection points